Hall of Fame
The Saluki Hall of Fame inducts new members each year in conjunction with a men's basketball weekend home game. Here is a list of current members and the year they were inducted into the Hall.
Inductees for the Saluki Hall of Fame are selected by a committee of University administrators and former players. A database of eligible candidates is reviewed each year. Fans may suggest the names of individuals for consideration, but only those who meet the following criteria are eligible to be considered.
- Five years since graduation of his/her class as determined by date of matriculation
- Olympic qualifier
- All-American recognition
- All-Conference selection
- Conference Specialty Award
- NCAA statistical leader
- SIU all-time/career leader in major statistical category
- Other considerations may include athletic accomplishments after leaving the University
- The Athletic Director can also add other athletes deemed worthy of consideration
Coaches and Administrators
- Tenure of at least five years in the athletic department
- Outstanding career as a coach, administrator or professional staff member that has brought exceptional distinction to the department
- No one that is currently employed is eligible to be inducted as a coach or administrator.
- Athletic Director can add other coaches/administrators deemed worthy of consideration