In celebration of 73 years at McAndrew Stadium, we invite our fans to remember and celebrate the greatest moments in Saluki football history in McAndrew Stadium. Though the memories are countless, 25 rise up to be an essential part of what it means to be a Dawg. Use the navigation on the right to relive Saluki history and help us know which is your favorite by voting using the button below.
    October 23, 1937 vs. Western Illinois
    October 4, 1958 vs. Western Illinois
    October 29, 1960 vs. Eastern Michigan
    October 28, 1967 vs. Tulsa
    October 31, 1970 vs. Bradley
This was the first game played in the new stadium. Not only was the stadium nameless when it opened, but the school was then known as Southern Illinois Teachers College, and its athletics teams were known as the Maroons. The Maroons played their four 1937 home games in the new stadium, despite the fact construction was not complete. The 8,543-seat stadium was officially dedicated in 1938. Per then-state law, the stadium was not named for the school's long-time athletic director, head football coach and head basketball coach, William McAndrew until after his sudden death in 1943. Seniors Tom North and Lester Deason were the Maroons' 1937 captains. North was the Maroons' first quarterback in their new stadium.
Vote SIUSalukis.com Purchase Football Tickets