Sophomore DeAnna Price is ranked 20th in the nation in the weight throw.
Feb. 14, 2013
By Tyler Wooten
CHARLESTON, Ill. -- Saluki track and field will take a small squad up to Eastern Illinois for the EIU Friday Night Special on Friday, a final tuneup before the Missouri Valley Indoor Championships in Cedar Falls, Iowa, on Feb. 23-24.
In addition to the Salukis and Eastern, other schools in attendance include: No. 15 Illinois, Illinois-Chicago, Lincoln College, Principia, Rend Lake, Vincennes and fellow Missouri Valley foe No. 18/20 Indiana State.
Southern is coming off an impressive road trip at the GVSU Big Meet, where the Salukis took six event titles and broke two meet records.
Eight Salukis remain nationally ranked in the top-50 in their respective events, including sixth-ranked Bradley Sauer, who would automatically qualify for nationals in the weight throw if the season ended today.
6. Bradley Sauer - Weight Throw, 20.97m (68-09.75)
17. Sophia Lozano - Weight Throw, 20.32m (66-08.00)
19. Kenya Culmer - High Jump, 1.80m (5-10.75)
20. DeAnna Price - Weight Throw, 20.13m (66-00.50)
23. Kim Fortney - Weight Throw, 20.04m (65-09.00)
24. Kim Fortney - Shot Put, 16.28m (53-05.00)
24. Josh Freeman - Shot Put, 18.32m (60-01.25)
31. Zach Dahleen - Mile Run, 4:00.46