Miami (OH) 30, Southern Illinois 14
Oxford, Ohio // Yager Stadium // Attendance: 17,725
- SIU has recorded at least one sack in 17 consecutive games and 30 of the last 31 games.
- SIU outgained its FBS opponent for the second year in a row. Southern outgained Ole Miss last year by 105 yards.
- All five of SIU's forced turnovers this year have been fumble recoveries. Southern recovered 11 total fumbles in 2011.
- Jayson DiManche recorded a sack, giving him 26.0 tackles for loss in his career. With that number, DiManche moved into a tie for 11th place for career tackles for loss. DiManche is 3.0 tackles for loss away from tying Bart Scott for ninth place on the all-time list.
- Miami's leading rusher was Spencer Treadwell with 73 yards. Dating back to the Northern Iowa game in 2011, Southern Illinois has only allowed one 100-yard rusher in the last seven games. Shakir Bell rushed for 137 yards in Southern's 35-28 win at Indiana State last year.
- Carlton Lewis set a career high with 11 tackles. His previous career high was five, which he recorded last week. Lewis also recorded 2.0 tackles for loss, a career high.
- Terrell Wilson's career high in tackles had been seven, which he recorded four times in 2011. Wilson had nine tackles.
- Mika'il McCall set a career high in rushing yards with 74. His previous career high was 61 against Tennessee Tech when he was at Iowa.
- David Lewis set a career high in receiving yards with 64. His previous career high, 61 yards, was set last week at Eastern Illinois.
|Saturday, Oct 4|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||6:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Oct 11|
|Football||Fargo, N.D.||1:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Oct 18|
|Football||Youngstown, Ohio||3:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Oct 25|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||6:00 PM|
|Saturday, Nov 8|
|Football||Springfield, Mo.||2:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Nov 15|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||2:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Nov 22|
|Football||Normal, Ill.||1:00 PM||Free Audio|