Senior quarterback Kory Faulkner put up 419 yards of total offense, the most in his Saluki career.
Sept. 28, 2013
Youngstown State 28, Southern Illinois 27
Saluki Stadium | Carbondale, Ill. | Attendance: 11,408
• This is the fifth consecutive game Southern has posted 400 or more yards of total offense -- the first time since 1992 the Salukis have started a season with five such games.
• Senior quarterback Kory Faulkner's 348 passing yards against the Penguins is the second-highest single-game total of his Saluki career and the eighth-best single-game performance in Saluki history.
• Faulkner's four passing touchdowns ties a career-high for a single-game, set earlier this year against Eastern Illinois.
• Faulkner also passed Rick Johnson (1980-83) and Kent Skornia (1997-98) on the SIU all-time passing touchdown list, situating himself in seventh place with 30 career TD connections.
• Faulkner's 348 passing yards and 71 rushing yards is the highest combined single-game total offense of his Saluki career at 419 yards. It is also the second-highest single-game total in school history.
• Junior tight end MyCole Pruitt's eight receptions give him 120 for his career, tying Justin Roebuck (1989-92) for sixth all-time at SIU.
• Southern had three receivers with at least 70 yards receiving: MyCole Pruitt (83), John Lantz (80) and LaSteven McKinney (70). The last time the Salukis did so was Sep. 15, 2012 against SEMO (MyCole Pruitt, 121; LaSteven McKinney, 85; David Lewis, 73).
• This game was also the first time since Nov. 20, 2010 that the Salukis had four different receivers haul in TD passes. Malcolm Agnew, John Lantz, LaSteven McKinney and Kyle Newquist all caught TD passes against YSU on Saturday.
• This broke a streak of three consecutive games that the Salukis ran for 200 yards as a team.
• Senior inside linebacker Bryan Presume was the leading tackler once again for the Salukis, notching 12 total tackles (seven solo, five assisted) against the Penguins on Saturday.
• Presume has recorded at least seven tackles in 12 of his last 15 games and has now posted double-digit tackles in six games in his Saluki career -- three of those games coming in 2013.
• With 5.0 TFL against the Penguins, Southern has now recorded at least 5.0 TFL in 12 of tis last 15 games.
• With one sack against YSU on Saturday the Salukis extend their streak of consecutive games with a sack to 31 and 44 of its last 45 games.
• Southern has forced a turnover in 11 consecutive games.
• The Saluki defense has now given up four passing touchdowns in a game twice in 2013 (Eastern Illinois, Jimmy Garoppolo; Youngstown State, Kurt Hess). In 2012 the Saluki defense only yielded more than one passing touchdown in a game once (Aug. 30, Eastern Illinois, seven TDs).
|Saturday, Oct 4|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||6:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Oct 11|
|Football||Fargo, N.D.||1:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Oct 18|
|Football||Youngstown, Ohio||3:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Oct 25|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||6:00 PM|
|Saturday, Nov 8|
|Football||Springfield, Mo.||2:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Nov 15|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||2:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Nov 22|
|Football||Normal, Ill.||1:00 PM||Free Audio|