Kenneth Boatright posted a career-high 2.0 sacks against Indiana State.
Sept. 29, 2012
Indiana State 24, Southern Illinois 3
Carbondale, Ill. // Saluki Stadium // Attendance: 12,166
- Southern Illinois coaches wore patches on their polos to commemorate Coach to Cure MD, which is an initiative of the American Football Coaches Association to raise awareness about the leading genetic killer of young men--Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- Kenneth Boatright posted 2.0 sacks, a new career high. His previous career high was 1.5 against each Western Illinois and Northern Iowa last year.
- Southern made its first field goal of the year in the first quarter. After Jackson MacLachlan and Austin Johnson combined to go 0-5 in the first four games of the season, Johnson broke the drought with a 27-yard field goal to put SIU up 3-0.
- Southern dropped its record in the all-time series with Indiana State to 26-24 and 15-10 in Carbondale, Ill. SIU leads in both categories.
- A week after going 0-13 on third-down conversions, Southern went just 1-13 against Indiana State.
- Southern posted nine tackles for loss in the game, marking the first time since the Eastern Illinois game in 2011 that the team had posted at least nine tackles for loss. SIU had 11 TFLs against Eastern Illinois in the Black Out Cancer game last year.
- Steve Strother racked up 73 yards in kickoff returns. With another 10 yards, Strother will overtake Jeff Ware for third place on the all-time kickoff return yardage list. Strother has 1,380 career kickoff return yards.
- Only 22 of Austin Pucylowski's last 85 punts have been returned.
- Chris Adams had nine touchbacks last year already has eight this year after posting two in the game.
- Eze Obiora entered the game ranked seventh nationally in sacks with 4.0. He added another sack tonight to have 5.0 on the season.
- Obiora was tied for eighth in the conference with 4.0 tackles for loss and posted another 1.5 on Saturday night. Obiora's half-tackle for loss was his first TFL that wasn't a sack this season.
- Obiora has at least a half-sack in four of five games this season.
- Kory Faulkner surpassed 2,500 passing yards in his career in the first half of the game. Faulkner now has 2,549 career passing yards. He is 181 yards of total offense away from surpassing 3,000 yards of total offense in his career.
|Saturday, Oct 4|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||6:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Oct 11|
|Football||Fargo, N.D.||1:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Oct 18|
|Football||Youngstown, Ohio||3:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Oct 25|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||6:00 PM|
|Saturday, Nov 8|
|Football||Springfield, Mo.||2:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Nov 15|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||2:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Nov 22|
|Football||Normal, Ill.||1:00 PM||Free Audio|