Oct. 5, 2013
Southern Illinois 27 (3-3, 1-1), No. 7 South Dakota State 24 (3-3, 0-2)
Coughlin-Alumni Stadium | Brookings, S.D. | Attendance: 11,250
• This was the first game in 2013 that the Saluki offense did not post 400 yards of total offense. Last week, Southern became the first Saluki squad since 1992 to do so in the first five games of a season.
• Senior quarterback Kory Faulkner's 185 passing yards moved him ahead of Scott Gabbert (1988-92)for fifth at SIU in career passing yards (4,825).
• Faulkner is one passing touchdown away from tying Sherard Poteete (1999-00) for sixth in SIU career history with 32 career TD passes.
• Faulkner had two rushing touchdowns, his first multi-touchdown game on the ground since Nov. 19, 2011 against Indiana State. Faulkner had two in each of the last three games that season.
• With a 26-yard reception in the first quarter against SDSU, John Lantz now has a reception of at least 20 yards in every game in 2013. Last week against Youngstown State, Lantz had three receptions of 20 yards.
• Of the 28 plays of 20 yards or more that Southern had recorded heading into Saturday's game against SDSU, 10 had been recorded by Lantz.
• Lantz's 59-yard TD reception is a career long and the Salukis' third-longest play of the season.
• Junior tight end MyCole Pruitt posted five receptions for 75 yards against SDSU on Saturday. Pruitt now ranks tied for third all-time at SIU in career receptions (125) and fifth all-time in career receiving yards (1,582).
• Malcolm Agnew finished with 105 yards rushing, the second time in 2013 he has eclipsed the 100-yard mark.
• With three sacks against the Jackrabbits, Southern extends its streak to 32 consecutive games with a sack and 45 of its last 46 games.
• Southern has now forced at least one turnover in 12 consecutive games.
• Southern has given up 100 yards rushing in only 24 of Dale Lennon's 64 games at SIU.
• With 6.0 TFL against SDSU, the Salukis have recorded at least 5.0 tackles for loss in 13 of their last 16 games and five out of six games in 2013.
• Defensive end Brandon Williams blocked a field goal in the third quarter on Saturday against SDSU. It was the first blocked kick of his Saluki career and the third for Southern in 2013.
• Presume posted 10 tackles, the seventh double-digit game of his career and fourth this season.
• Presume has had at least seven tackles in 13 of the 17 games he has started in his career.
• Presume posted the first multi-sack game of his career with 2.0.
• With a forced fumble, Tyler Williamson is now tied for first all-time at SIU in career forced fumbles with six.
• This marks the second-straight game that the Salukis have made it to the third quarter without punting.
• Austin Pucylowski pinned one punt inside the 20-yard line, his 10th of the year.
• Junior kicker Thomas Kinney hit a season-long field goal of 42 yards against the Jackrabbits Saturday. Kinney's previous long was 41 against Illinois on Aug. 31.
• Kinney has had at least seven points kicking in five of SIU's six games in 2013
• No. 7 SDSU is the highest ranked opponent SIU has defeated since the Salukis defeated No. 2 Northern Iowa on Oct. 17, 2009.
• SDSU has not lost an FCS game to a school that wasn't North Dakota State or Northern Iowa since Oct. 1, 2011 (Indiana State).
• Charles Elmore's 89-yard interception return for a touchdown is the first given up by the Salukis since Sept. 8, 2012 (24 yards, Pat Hinkel, Miami (Ohio)).
• Two of the last three opposing INTs returned for TDs have been by the Jackrabbits, dating back to 2010. In Carbondale on Oct. 16, 2010, SDSU's Cole Brodie returned one 87 yards.