Kory Faulkner surpassed 3,000 career passing yards during the game.
Oct. 28, 2012
North Dakota State 23, Southern Illinois 17
Fargo, N.D. / Fargodome / Attendance: 18,066
- With the win, North Dakota State took a 4-3 series lead and leads the series 3-0 in games played at the Fargodome.
- Head coach Dale Lennon is now 5-5 against North Dakota State in his career. Lennon was 4-1 against the Bison while he was head coach at North Dakota.
- Lennon is now 136-55 in his 16th season as a head coach and 34-22 in his fifth year at SIU.
- Lennon is now 28-3 at Southern Illinois when leading after the third quarter. Two of those losses have come to North Dakota State in games played in the Fargodome.
- Last week, South Dakota gained a total of 76 yards against the Bison defense. Southern gained 83 yards on its first drive of the game.
- Southern's 14 first-half points were the most allowed by NDSU in a first half this year. It was only the second time the Bison went into the locker room trailing at the break.
- North Dakota State was tied for second in the nation in fourth-down conversion defense entering the game, having allowed opponents to convert just one of six fouth-down opportunities. Southern faced a fourth-and-three on its first drive of the game and threw a 32-yard touchdown pass.
- Southern Illinois recorded a sack for the 24th consecutive game and for the 37th time in the last 38 games.
- SIU's blocked field goal was the first of the season and first since Derrick Nsubuga blocked a Youngstown State field goal in 2010.
- Southern Illinois scored on defense for the third consecutive week. SIU had never previously returned more than two fumbles for touchdowns in a season. The Salukis have returned fumbles for a touchdown in each of the last three weeks.
- Southern has now scored eight non-offensive touchdowns in 2012 and 18 offensive touchdowns. The Southern D and special teams account for 31 percent of the total number of touchdowns scored by Southern Illinois this year (8 of 26).
- David Lewis recorded a reception for the 12th consecutive game.
- Kory Faulkner went over 3,000 yards passing for his career and set a new single-season personal best in passing yards, eclipsing last season's total.
- Kenneth Boatright surpassed 100 career tackles during the first half.
- LaSteven McKinney led the team with six receptions for 64 yards and a touchdown. After not recording a catch in back-to-back weeks against Indiana State and Illinois State, McKinney has 17 catches in the last three weeks.
|Thursday, Aug 28|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||7:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 6|
|Football||Charleston, Ill.||6:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 13|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||6:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 20|
|Football||West Lafayette, Ind.||TBA|