Nov. 6, 2010
- Jason Seaman had a sack and forced fumble on NDSU's second play of the game. The Bison recovered and the play went for a loss of 22 to put the Bison at their three-yard line.
- SIU had its fourth punt blocked this year and second returned for a touchdown. It came at 9:28.
- Joe Allaria's two-yard reception at 9:15 gave him a catch in 29-straight games.
- Robert Spann recorded his third tackle for a loss this year at 6:39. It was a three-yard loss.
- Chris Dieker's 28-yard completion to Jeff Evans on a third-and-7 gave SIU its first first-down of the game at 2:53. It ended a 0-for-9 streak on third downs going back to the Missouri State game.
- John Goode completed a 21-yard pass to Kyle Harruff on a fake punt to give SIU a first down at the NDSU 28-yard line with under 30 seconds remaining in the quarter.
- SIU trailed 10-0 after 15 minutes. This is just the second time all year that the Salukis trailed after the first quarter (last was at Illinois on Sept. 11). It is also the second time that Southern did not score in the first stanza of a game in 2010 (SIU and SDSU were scoreless after the first 15 minutes on Oct. 16).
- With 39 yards passing in the first quarter, Chris Dieker moved ahead of Scott Gabbert for the fourth-most passing yards in SIU history.
- SIU had a first-and-goal at the four-yard line early in the quarter, but after a rush for negative six yards and a delay of game penalty, Dieker was intercepted for the 10th time this season.
- Spann and Kayon Swanson stopped D.J. McNorton on a fourth-and-1 at the SIU 15-yard line at the 10:00 mark, giving the Salukis the ball back.
- Steve Strother had a 16-yard run on a first-and-18 from the SIU eight-yard line.
- Strother had a 17-yard run at 00:59 for a Saluki first down at the SIU 35-yard line.
- Kyle Dougherty's 37-yard field goal at 0:15 gave the Salukis their first points of the game.
- Southern's five penalties in the first half were more than the Salukis had in each of the past two games.
- Southern Illinois was 3-for-9 on third downs in the first half. NDSU was 1-for-5.
- The Salukis out-gained NDSU 176-137 in the first half.
- SIU attempted an onside's kick to start the third quarter. The kick went out of bounds, giving the Bison the ball at the Saluki 35-yard line.
- Kyle Dougherty hit a 42-yard punt at 7:56. It was the second punt of his career.
- Travis Littles recorded the second sack of his career and forced his first fumble inside the seven-minute mark.
- Strother had a -yard run at 6:17, which was his third rush of over 15-yards.
- Dougherty made the 56th field goal of his career at 2:18.
- North Dakota State had just 25 yards of offense and just one first down in the third quarter.
- Matt Guinn's 15-yard reception on a third-and-2 early in the quarter tied his career-high for catches in a game (four).
Kyle Cavil broke up a pass at the line of scrimmage at 5:48, hist first -
|Saturday, Oct 25|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||6:00 PM|
|Saturday, Nov 8|
|Football||Springfield, Mo.||2:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Nov 15|
|Football||Carbondale, Ill.||2:00 PM||Free Audio|
|Saturday, Nov 22|
|Football||Normal, Ill.||1:00 PM||Free Audio|